Tuesday 29 July 2014

Resume



And so we are back to London. Me and my Missouri, the dog.




 It's strange, because when on the way back, and just before, I felt that I miss home. (Or maybe a place I could call home?) Anyway, just after arriving back, I felt strange. Everything around me felt strange. Not mine. Known - but I didn't have a sense of belonging. Even after coming to a flat I called home for last 2 years, it was weird. Rooms, furniture, my stuff.. mine, but not mine. What has changed? They were the same, so it must have been me that changed. It seems that Missouri didn't have this problem. She greeted "her" cat companion and, sniffed  out every corner and lay down under the bed to rest. Me? I wasn't sure what to do with myself! Unpack first? Make some food? Shower? Call friends? .. I thought of making a food first. But what was my surprise when I found a whole tribe (several families) of nasty bugs living squatters life in the kitchen! yuck! Everything needed thorough cleaning...

"surprised cow" - wall mural found in Delft, NL


After I found some time to spend with myself I thought about what I have experienced in last 2 months that were important and left an imprint on me. I could say that it is my travelling experience:

1. I met lots of new interesting people, made some contacts
2. I made new friends
3. I 've learn that I need a place I could call my own home (to come back to)
3. That I still want to travel (for about a year. it has always been my dream) And it's still not too late to do that - now I am thinking of HOW to do do it :)
4. I know what brings me satisfaction. It is to follow my dreams, making things I love doing (like this mosaic in south France) even when it is not for money - as long as there is someone willing to feed me ;)
5. Have freedom of choice when making plans for my own journey (also through life)
6. Understanding my worthiness, feeling good with myself, understanding my needs better,
7. overcoming the lack of confidence, being good enough for myself, not for others. If for them I am not good enough, it's their problem. I need to be in peace with myself.
8. Grow personally and internally to be better person
9. Keep going towards being myself
10. Finding happiness in every little things every day
11. Maintain optimism, faith, strength and courage to go after my dreams and goals, and through every next day with smile on my face
12. Learn more, be more aware







2 comments: