Thursday 3 July 2014

Solo traveller





Solo woman, but travelling with a dog ;)


We travelled with Missouri for about 11 hours, from south of France Marseille to Nuremberg in Germany. What a trip! and some nice adventures too. I have so much to write:)
So first good thing was that, I couldn't get Missouri a ticket in my first interchange station - Avignon. Reason? I had only 500 euro note and they did not had change. By the time I found a shop that could break it, I had to rush for my next train. At the train, still in good mood from morning good-byes - I smiled nicely to the conductor explaining why I don't have ticket, and he sold me special discounted one, smiling back - eh, it's good to be a woman sometimes, especially if you are flushing red like me ;) I hate it, but sometimes it actually helps ;) 11 hours trip was very tiring so I decided to leave sightseeing for next day.


Next day I made few friends, found nice dog-friendly restaurant called Hans I'm Glück - they serve about 50 types of burgers, half of them vegetarians! (get an interview from one girl employed there, Also as I walk back I heard guy singing about girl walking the streets of London with country voice, so I had to stop and have a chat with him. I said that he sings about me, because I am from London;) As it appears he was from it too! And from Hackney like me (and so he switched his country accent to cockney :) And so I end up buying his CD. He said I can use his music for my movie;)





Nuremberg Old City Center is not too big, and can bee seen in one day with your dog.
I never go to any museums, first able, because they don't let the dogs in (and even if they would, they would be bored to death) and I also am not too big fan of them. So with no regrets I skip them on my travels. Good thing about this is that I save money on entry tickets;) The only annoying thing is, that they not allow dogs in some parks! Why?? I mean, leashed dogs can't make a mess, right? And even if they poo, what is the problem to put some poo dispensers on the entrance? Walking around the Nuremberg I went to see the castle. There was sign that dogs are not allowed, so I decided to go around it to take pictures from different angles from outside. So imagine how surprised I became, when I came across a guy telling me to go! It appeared I got lost and accidentally wandered inside the gardens! - well for me there was not much grass and no flowers... Anyway, I truly said that I am lost. So I have some nice pictures, and new friend from China - who took couple of pictures of me, and become big fan of Missouri. She gets so much attention wherever she goes - unbelievable!

outside the castle


bizzarre Fountain of the Virtues ;)


Lorenzer Kirche


Kunsthaus - mini medieval village, 5 min from train station, full of old traditional shops selling souvenirs and traditional food. And most sellers wear old traditional clothes!

me and Missouri in the Kusthaus


traditional bavarian clothes for sale


typical old buildings


woman-eagle can bee seen everywhere. This one was above police station



Mery Go Round Fountain


Albrecht Durer House


and himself above the entrance

Missouri met medieval dog guarding the entrance of his house ;)


Schonner Brunnen - Beautiful Fountain - detail


famous clock on top of the Frauen Kirche


... :)



But lets get to the point finally ;) The subject of this post is "Solo traveller" . I mention before that I made few friends, but most interesting was at the end of the day. When I came back to the hotel, there was issue with internet connection. Maybe I'm addict, but I really wanted to write this post earlier. I went to the reception hoping that somebody will help me. In meantime I got friendly with a woman working there. She couldn't help with Wi-Fi, but instead we start chatting about travels. She asked for my age, and then said that it means it was not too late for her too; as it happened, we were the same age! She had this unrealised dream about travelling, but which never become real, apart from short trips. She listen to my adventures with interest. I hope she can travel whenever she wants:)
I thought about this today eating solo. I remembered that I was sick of worries when I was leaving for my journey. But now?I am all relaxed and happy with my own company. I remember my friends going solo for similar adventures, and that they too were scared at first. And I also remember my first ever solo trip - I went 3 hours away by train to Krakow for a day. I think I was maybe 20. Old huh? :) But I remember I enjoyed it! I was sitting on the edge of a fountain and watched people passing by. I didn't have to talk to anyone. It felt a bit weird but also interesting this whole thing. I think I forgot about this experience until now. How weird is that as we grow older we fear more things that we shouldn't. I remember people telling me lately that solo travel is not scary. It's opposite. When we are alone we can do what ever we fell doing at the time. There is no one to blame, no one to support us, but at the same we become stronger, and more confident!!!!





yes - th is what I needed. This journey is about self discovery as well as making documentary.

*
*
*




No comments:

Post a Comment