Thursday 12 June 2014

Extraordinary culinary experience

Since a week I've been eating delicious french food. Almost every day is something new. I remember the first day with my french host, when I saw big plate full of green salad (only salad) I thought, omg, I will starve to death :(  ha ha! nothing even close to that, and quite opposite! Yes, almost every day we eat loads of green salad, but apart from that there are other things. I think I got used to polish or english way of eating, where there are various things on one plate served to each person. Here, we eat starter first like fruit, then all kind of salad and then board of cheese with bread, plus water and wine. Quite often I try new veggies I never had a chance to eat before. So its culinary experience too! Tonight on my plate landed  an artichoke. I was terrified. I remembered eating it from an oily jar, and that it tested insipid. Bleah .. But I thought that I will try, because 1st. I am a guest, and I shouldn't whimper, and 2nd - maybe if it's fresh, it will be edible. And guess what - it was very interesting! It was steamed and quite nice with a sauce of vinegar and olive oil, and something else..  I was surprised that you eat only the base of each petal, dipped in sauce, and the base, without the flower. Okay - maybe lots of people know this already - but for me - it was extraordinary :)


Picture is borrowed from google images




No comments:

Post a Comment